The Importance of Accreditation
One of the first steps any prospective student should take before enrolling in a college or university, is to verify whether or not the school is accredited by a recognized accrediting agency. OLLS Accreditation is a national accrediting agency we chose to check and evaluate us, to give our students confidence in the courses we provide.
What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is a voluntary activity initiated by MSOL that requires a rigorous self-evaluation and an independent, objective appraisal of the overall educational quality by peers. Accreditation emphasizes quality assurance and a commitment to continuous quality enhancement. To achieve accreditation by the OLLS Accreditation an institution must:
• Comply with rigorous standards;
• Develop and implement an Institutional Effectiveness Plan;
• Undergo an annual review of its financial stability, retention and placement rates; and
• Undergo announced and unannounced site visits.
If judged to be in compliance with established standards, an accreditation status is granted.
Why is Accreditation Important?
Accreditation is important because it:
- Helps determine if an institution meets or exceeds minimum standards of quality.
- Helps students determine acceptable institutions for enrolment.
- Assist institutions in determining acceptability of transfer credits.
- Helps employers determine the validity of programs of study. Employers often require evidence that applicants have received a qualification from an accredited school or program.
- Helps employers determine eligibility for employee tuition reimbursement programs..
- Involves staff, faculty, students, graduates, and advisory boards in institutional evaluation and planning.
- Creates goals for institutional self-improvement.
The Scope of OLLS Accreditation
Recognition by OLLS Accreditation affirms that standards and processes are consistent with quality, improvement, and accountability expectations that OLLS has established. In accordance with OLLS policies and procedures.
Go to OLLS Accreditation Web Site for further information